Classic Solitaire (Free) for Windows 10
Traditional solitaire game with various card backgrounds
- Category Cards
- Program license Free
- Version for Windows 10
- Works under: Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Program available in English
- Program by Alexei Garbuzenko
Classic Solitaire (Free) for Windows 10 is a free program that lets you play the classic card game of solitaire on your desktop.
It wasn't that long ago that new computers came loaded with games that you could play for free. Computer manufacturers then added programs that were free for only a limited time. Once your trial expired, the manufacturers charged a fee to download and keep playing those games. If you have Windows 10 and wish that you had a fun game to play, you can download Classic Solitaire (Free) for Windows 10 today.
This game does away with the frills of some of the newer solitaire games and comes with just the basic game. When you load a new game, you'll see seven sets of cards at the bottom of the screen and a deck at the top. The bottom lines feature one card on the very bottom of each line and a series of hidden cards beneath. When you click the deck, you'll see a card that you can play. If that card works with any of the stacks, you can double click on it to load it. You'll slowly work your way down those rows and fill out the suites at the very top.
One thing you'll love about Classic Solitaire (Free) for Windows 10 is the animated scene at the end. As with the original, the game celebrates when you win. It sends all the cards flying out across the screen, which might remind you of the hours you spent playing solitaire on your first computer. Not everyone will love the graphics, which look outdated. Modern solitaire suites come with enhanced graphics that look better on Windows 10.
Like the older version, you can make a few changes to this game. It lets you adjust the number of cards you can draw. Drawing three cards will make the game harder, but drawing just one card will make beating the game easier. You can also choose the color or style of the deck that you play with too. Of the 16 styles available, eight are the same styles found on the original Windows solitaire game. While Classic Solitaire (Free) for Windows 10 won't replace the version you already have on your computer, it can remind you of the hours you spent playing the game in the past.
- Lets you play a classic game of solitaire on a Windows 10 computer
- Comes with 16 options for changing the deck
- Includes eight card styles from the original game
- Can change the number of cards drawn
- Fun and entertaining animated sequence plays when you beat the game
- Graphics look old and outdated
- Only comes with one mode of play
- Cannot compare with modern solitaire game suites
- Is very challenging for beginners and other players
- Addictive game play is annoying to some